Monday, April 19, 2010

'Stomp the Yard' Temple edition!

Picking up from when I wrote about spending Thursday afternoon at the Ant’s Pants Café, I returned back to where I was staying in time for dinner. I decided to attend a step show later in the evening. As I walked down Broad Street and saw the line for this Temple University event, I was shocked to see that it wrapped around the block! Needless to say, I didn’t have much hope of being able to see the show since I didn't get a ticket prior to the show, being that I wasn't aware of the performance until that evening. When I finally reached the entrance, and after security inspected our purses and gave us the pat-down, I was pleased to see that they were still selling tickets. So I, fifteen dollars poorer, was able to see the show.

In my flurry to leave in time to get a ticket before the show, I had neglected to grab my camera on the way out the door. I tried to take a few pictures on my camera phone, but they didn’t turn out that well. I’ll post them anyway to give an idea of the step show atmosphere.


Each step group that performed is a part of a sorority or fraternity. I couldn’t keep the Alpha Phi Alphas straight from the Zeta Theta Betas {I definitely made up that last one}. In my terms, the sorority step team who won was “the girls with matching, long {faux} ponytails whom if I offended I’d consider my life over” and the fraternity who won was “the guys who used cane/staff props with one guy who really ought to have kept his shirt closed if he knew what was good for him.”

In between performances, there was a DJ who played music, and everyone was going crazy! We sat in the Greek section by accident, which added another dimension to the excitement. There were people dancing in the aisles and jammin’ from their seats, as well as step teams doing routines in the aisles. I wouldn’t dare embarrass myself by trying to dance at a step show {my dancing ability is lacking}, but I loved being smack dab in the middle of all that liveliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah