Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Linking Up to the Partaayyy

Windy Poplars



1. How do you most like to entertain during the summer (pool party, picnic, cookout, etc.)? - Or if your situation doesn't allow for entertaining right now, what do you look forward to being able to host?

Currently I just enjoy going out for coffee dates with friends or meeting up at the pool during the summer. At this point in my life I don't really host events, but I help my mom when we entertain people at our home {which usually entails making and serving dinner in our sunroom}. Some of my friends host cookouts and I attend, but being a vegetarian, I don't want to put myself in a position where I'd have to grill someone else's meat!!

When I'm older and living on my own, potentially in a city like Philly, I look forward to hosting my segment of our block party.


2. Do you have a favorite summertime dessert?

My favorite dessert is the same year~round, but I don't feel like such an idiot for ordering a cold dessert in the summertime as compared to the winter. My fave, of course, is the Mocha Java Cooler:

















I also enjoy getting the Birthday Cake Remix at Coldstone Creamery and eating cold treats from our local, world~famous Kline's Dairy Bar.


3.What is your best outdoor summer date idea?

I've always thought it'd be SO NEAT to have a candlelit dinner on the beach...


or on a rooftop overlooking a city's downtown, cultural center, or coast...


Alfresco rooftop terrace dining with a hot tub included?? I think yes.. ;-)


4. Share any outdoor decorating tips/ideas you have...


I did not inherit my mom or grandpa's passion for gardening, but I've always thought that outdoor fireplaces are so charming, so I'd love to have one of those! Also, I loooove fountains and water gardens. If I live in the city when I'm older, I probably won't be able to have an extensive outdoor space, but a rooftop garden would be awesome! {I didn't realize I had such a rooftop obsession!} :-)


5. What will we find you wearing most in the summertime?


In the summertime, I really enjoy wearing sundresses and cabana dresses. This past winter I got into wearing leggings with my longer tunic shirts and shorter dresses, but with warmer weather coming, I'm excited to pull out my brightly~ and boldly~printed summer dresses.


This is me looking slightly windblown to say the least, but I'm wearing one my favorite summer dresses.

Join the party with Kristin at Windy Poplars!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah! Thanks for joining the party...I enjoyed reading your answers! Loved the rooftop date idea. How romantic! I also have a thing for outdoor fireplaces. Aren't they so cozy? Trying to figure out how we can safely get one onto our deck this year...hmmm. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah