Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Miscellany Monday



{1} I was sleeping in this morning when I received a phone call from work:
"Hi Leah sweetie, can you come in today? One of the teachers is sick and has to go home."
"Oh, why of course!! I'll be right in!"
*Rips self out of bed*
Blah.
*Does a slap~dash job of getting ready*
Double blah.
*Speed demons it to the northeast side*
Greeted by these cuties:


Awww...so worth it! :-)

{2} In case you didn't know, I'm a Mennonite.

However, this dress and apron are not part of my daily garb. I've been participating in a re~enactment featuring the traditional Mennonite and Brethren people during the Civil War era. School groups come through, and I show them around my kitchen and demonstrate how to make butter in my butter churn.



{3} I had a dream about these verses two nights ago, and since then I've been seeing them everywhere:
"See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." ~Matt. 6:28-29

Hmm...perhaps I should pay attention, eh?

{4} My celebrity crush that WON'T GO AWAY: James Blake

Okayyy...I know, I know...


{5} My bff Stacy got accepted to grad school in Philly!! Whoop whoop!! I'm so excited that she's going to be closer this year. Harrisburg to Philly is only like 2 hours, so you all can bet your Philly soft pretzels/Tastykakes that I'm going to be making that trek! Congrats, my friend.


Hop over to Carissa's at lowercase letters for more miscellany, and link up to participate in the randomness!!

8 comments:

  1. Photo from gossipecraze{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the list!
    The verse you quoted is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for joining!!! those kiddies are totally adorable - definitely worth it!!! you are the cutest mennonite ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your post! Your random facts were so fun. The mennpnit garb was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leah! Enjoyed your MM today. Interested in what it means to be Mennonite...forgive my ignorance, but I often think of the traditional dress when I hear the word. Would love to converse with you about it sometime! Do I spy a new blog background?? It's very cute! Hope you have a lovely day today, ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your list....I have had so little time to catch up on my favorite blogs. Hope you will stop by...I have a great Disney giveaway...
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/05/disney-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Leah! Oh a sunroom sound divine! In my dreams I've got one right off my kitchen. Maybe one day... :-) So, tell me more about the Mennonite lifestyle. Is it similar at all to German Baptist? I have quite a few German Baptist friends... If it's easier to - you can e-mail me, my address is: windy-poplars@juno.com. I'm always interested in learning about different lifestyles that we typically stereotype, but are very misinformed about. Last fall we went on vacay and learned about the Shakers - again, had a VERY different idea in my mind about what they really were all about. - Sorry this was such a long "comment"! Talk to ya later, ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved you in your re-enactment "costume". I wear similar plain dresses and aprons for daily wear. However I do prefer a full apron for messy jobs. Bet those kiddies learnt a lot.

    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah