Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rest and Listening

You come to me in the silence.

I hear your voice in the thick of the night.


You speak to me through quiet narratives of pain and redemption,

and my Bible falls open to The Restoration of Jerusalem.

Not one sparrow is forgotten, You dress even the lilies in extravagance.


I have not forgotten about you, Leah.

"The LORD said, 'Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.'

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave."

I listen through life's clamor and chaos for the still whisper.

I find rest at my core while the tempestuous winds gust and the churning waves crash about on the surface.



"I will come to you in the silence, I will lift you from all your fear. You will hear my voice, I claim you as my choice, be still and know I am here.

I am hope for all who are hopeless. I am eyes for all who long to see. In the shadow of the night I will be your light, come and rest in me."
Scripture from 1 Kings 19:11-13...Lyrics by David Haas

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leah,

    It was great to visit with you yesterday -- just posted my reply --

    I love this post- it's like a "mixed tape" of prayer/poetry/music and reflections of a real walk of faith...

    I can tell you're a faith barista, through and through. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah