Thursday, February 3, 2011

Accents/Dialect Vlog

Disclaimer:  I can't STAND to watch myself in movies.  I apologize in advance!





Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

▪ What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
▪ What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
▪ What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
▪ What do you call gym shoes?
▪ What do you say to address a group of people?
▪ What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
▪ What do you call your grandparents?
▪ What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
▪ What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
▪ What is the thing you change the TV channel with?


 

5 comments:

  1. Loved your vlog Leah!! So glad you joined in..I just LOVE this type of thing and its so interesting to see how we all speak! You have a wonderful speaking voice and don't sound southern to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, love it:)
    You don't sound very southern to me, either....my best friend is from southern Ill and is VERY southern compared:)
    Cute vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to see how similarly you and I speak. I suppose that since we both grew up in the same area, and have parents that are from the same area in PA, it makes sense. Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Sarah, that DOES make sense! : )

    & the reason why I mentioned a southern accent is because people from Minnesota and other northern states have mentioned my apparently southern accent, but compared to many people who live in my community, & don't sound southern at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to HEAR you Leah! So glad you joined in the vlogging fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah