Thursday, December 2, 2010

On Roots & Wings



My heart and my wings scream city skylines, subways, rowhouses, inner city teacher, & urban nomad of the downtown fast~paced & gentrified.  Yet, there is no doubting the bit of mountain & farm country blood that flows through my veins, diluted by time & experience.

At my mom's mother's home, she sees me open my red paisley messenger bag & remove my lap top, set up my materials & settle in with my companion through many nights of tireless work~ a companion monitor~faced and garbed with keyboard & touch pad.  

"You gonna study?  I guess you probably want online, don't you?"

"You all don't have online?" I ask, already knowing, eyes round in mock shock.

"No, the only line we have is the clothes line out back.  And it's in full service." 


2 comments:

  1. LOL... oh, leah, this is priceless! i love it! it reminds me of my husband's parents' place when i first met them. (now they have 'online' :))... what a world we live in, hey? i'm so glad you linked, friend. i hope you will again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No, the only line we have is the clothes line out back. And it's in full service."

    *laughing* that's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah