Monday, April 18, 2011

So Tell Me Again?

 "So tell me why again you do that?" he asks me after I mention that I count gifts.  
He glances up at me, a half~smile curling his lips and I sense that he just wants to hear, to watch me speak.  
I smile also as his hand finds mine, feeling like Ann as I explain, "I count so that I see God in everyday moments, so that I'm thankful and don't miss all the gifts that point back to Him."  Eyes meet and... breathe... "This moment is a gift..."  


:: friends who draw out my hidden & latent spontaneity
:: hands covering eyes during a scary movie, an arm beside me to grasp
:: peach glow fringed with slate clouds, backdrop to mountainous skyline
:: a quick visit that turns into 6 hours
:: dense fog giving way to muted luminance of murky lights as I drive toward the city
:: baby smiles at the coffeeshop, little ones who beam into face and rub each other's bald heads
:: white tree blossoms blown across the street, bouncing like popping popcorn on the pavement
:: spring photoshoots with future suitemates








Counting at Holy Experience today:

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful list! I LOVE your blog design -- the colors and header are GORGEOUS!

    I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

    Celebrating His resurrection,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear Leah, who is the "he?" ;-)

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am wondering who the "he" is. But also, thanks for the reminder to look for the gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post. :)

    I am a new follower <3 Love your blog!
    In our sea of love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your list - I read it last week but I wanted to revisit it :)
    Also, I wanted to let you knwo that I have given you an award on my blog. I hope you like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list -- beautiful imagery! I have my own grace gifts list and it's such a beautiful reminder.

    Have a lovely day!
    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to muse aloud with me,
to share your heart
& allow your thoughts to become words.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Leah